Monday, December 12, 2011

The Honesty Blog

Well as of yesterday I am officially 40.4 pounds down! I am still in shock because I have never lost this much weight in my life! Here are some new before and after pictures :)




Funny part is.. I can see the difference in the pictures but I still don't physically look different I think when I look at myself. It's really weird. I wonder how long it is going to take for it to kick in that I am smaller than I have been in a very long time! Only a short 23 pounds until I am under 300. I seriously haven't been under 300 in about 5 or 6 years. It's so crazy!! 

So I am going to be totally transparent right now. So yesterday as you know I reached 40.4 lbs, amazing right? Well it is amazing to me :) So then Satan of course is doing his little schemes to knock me down a couple pegs and I let it happen unfortunately. So for my 40 pounds mark I decided that I wanted to do something big so I bought the iPhone 4S. I thought that the target mobile solutions (at the target I used to work at) had them, but they only had the 4's. So the nice person that Liz is drove to Rancho Cordova because they said that they have the 4S's well turns out it was for AT&T customers not Verizon. So we couldn't get it. My poor mom had to wait at target for like 3 or 4 hours because we thought she was supposed to be on at 930 but she wasn't going to be in until 11. So my mom let me go to church which was very nice of her :)) I didn't find out about what happened until after church. So I got home and we were calling around to the verizon stores to see if they had any in stock. Nobody did you have to pre-order it online. So I ordered my phone and we ordered my step dad's phone also and it will be here next Monday or so.

For some reason when I found out that I had to wait for the phone I just got into a mode of wanting to eat. I think my head basically said well if that is my present for 40 pounds then I have wiggle room to eat because it won't be here until next week. My mom made me realize that when I was texting her. So I came home and she had made one of my favorite desserts. Our famous cinnamon roll ups. Basically it's pie crust dough, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. We cut them into small strips, roll them up, and bake them. She convinced me that I needed to treat myself because I have been doing so good and even when I was struggling earlier in the day I didn't give in. So I had some but I probably ate 6 more than I should. I was going to only have 2. They are really small though.

So this was when Satan of course stepped in, perfect timing.. I was beating myself up so bad last night and this morning for eating those desserts to the point of crying. Which then lead to me not feeling like working out last night which was not good because I only got 20 minutes in, in the morning.

Today is a new day though. I can't beat myself up over something that happened in the past. So now I am on a jet plane to get to the big goal for Dallas! I am going to pray that God helps me shed the pounds off! I know that he is capable of anything!

Life is happening NOW not 10 pounds from now :)

My name is Kirstin and I AM MONAVIE!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kirstin,

    I think what is so great about this entry is that you recognized the trigger that made you want to comfort yourself with food. That is so much of the battle. Having that dessert is not a set back as long as today you get back into your routine and keep working at it. Congratulations on reaching another goal. That is awesome. You will succeed and become the woman that you are envisioning. You are a winner! Never forget that.

    Pam Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I didn't reply until now Pam! I didn't see your comment! Thank you so much! Yeah it is always great to recognize something to where the next time it tries to happen you can avoid it :) life's lessons :)) Your great Pam and I am so blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 lbs...that's TERRIFIC....Go you !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you BESTY!!!!! love you tons and I hope you keep it up you are doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!!

    Awww thank you so much Sandrea!! Love you tons too!!

    ReplyDelete