Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Beginning of a Wonderful Journey


I pray that some day that this blog will reach many people and by reading it, they will receive hope! Being on a weight loss journey is a very long and hard process. I know my journey is going to be a long one but VERY well worth the ride. When I get to my goal of 175 pounds I am celebrating and going skydiving! How is that for enjoying the ride!! :)

And now the story beings.  I am going to be completely honest with you. My starting weight is 363.2, I am now at 350.6. I basically slimmed down 12 pounds in the first week being on RVL and I have never felt better! Just to let you know, I've learned to say that I have slimmed down *enter in how many pounds* instead of saying that I've lost *enter in how many pounds*. The reasoning for that is because you don't want to lose it because that means that you can find it again, so therefore I have slimmed down 12.6 so far! My good friend September taught me that.


So now to the background story :)

I have been overweight most of my life. Ever since I could remember, I've always just struggled with eating when I had any emotion. So I just kept getting bigger, bigger, and bigger. To be completely honest with you I used to have a lot of suicide thoughts. I realized that was my "way of suicide", to eat myself to death. That way it wasn't really "intentional". I have tried pretty much everything in the book to lose weight except for programs like Jenny Craig and weight loss pills, since I was in Junior High. It was devastating for me to go over 200 pounds and then I wanted to about pass out when I went over 300.. I finally realized that it was my "wall" to keep people out. To where they could get close but not too close. Hence why I have never had a boyfriend. Even though I have had the desire to have a boyfriend for a long time, my weight has always been the big wall between me and that opportunity. But I am no longer going to let my weight get in the way of my happiness! I want to some day (in the near future I hope) get married and have kids. I want to lose this weight so I can actually have a cute pregnant belly and not have to have extra complications with the pregnancy because of my weight!

 So lets get to the nitty gritty :) haha sorry i felt like saying that. So this is my story of how I came to find RVL :)  I had started to go to a meeting called Successful Thinkers in Rocklin. It was my first time there and my mom had set a one on one with a wonderful lady named September. She had told me about a weight loss product that I might want to try but we never expanded on what it was that first meeting. Then I ran into September again and had met Nita for the first time at a Main Street Chamber Event in downtown Sacramento. They had a RVL table up and had samples out. I was like hey this stuff actually tastes pretty good! So I didn't sign up then (I should have signed up right then and there). So after that I was invited to a tasting at the lovely September's house and I got to hear all these amazing stories. I got to meet Rick and Joyce (an amazing couple that is in my upline) he had slimmed down 91 pounds so far and Joyce had slimmed down a little over 30 pounds I believe, and Nita was at about 30, and there were some other people there that had slimmed down some pretty good numbers! They had also told me about this woman named Leah that had already slimmed down 107 pounds (at the time she was at 107, now she is at 115!! I will talk more about her later!). I was just in shock! My initial thought was WOW! this is something I can actually do! Something easy and it's super nutritional for me too! It's a win win win! 

So I finally signed up! In the first week I had slimmed down 12 pounds! How amazing is that! That's huge!! Then we went to a tasting/training in Carson City. I was told that Leah was going to be there and I was like OH MY GOSH i get to meet this amazing woman in person!! I was so stoked! So we get there and I was talking to Nita and all the sudden Rick tapped me on the shoulder and was like Kirstin I want you to meet Leah! And seriously I was speechless, literally!! I couldn't say anything! I was seriously star struck meeting her! So we talked for a minute and then the meeting began. So finally after the meeting was over I finally got the courage to talk to Leah. Leah is just this down to earth, beautiful, amazing woman. I told her my story of how much I want to lose and how I want to go skydiving when i reach that goal, and to my amazement she said that she is going to go with me when I get to that goal!! My mouth literally dropped! I was like Oh My Gosh that is so awesome!! It makes me want to get to that goal even faster!

So I know I have pretty much written a book but I will end it with that story :) I will try to blog as much as I can!

Before I go I want to thank all of the wonderful people that has supported me throughout this weight loss journey! 

Special thanks to all of my parents (especially my mom), September, Nicole, Rick, Joyce, Leah, Nita, Nancy, Sue, Ana, Vincent, Kari, and many other people from Team 212!! And of course all of my wonderful friends such as Elizabeth, Jessica, Justin, Hannah, Stashia, and many others! There is too many to list haha. But sincerely from the bottom of my heart, thank you! I wanna give a thank you shout out to all the lovely people that have supported me on sparkpeople too! All of you are AWESOME!

My name is Kirstin and I AM MONAVIE!


2 comments:

  1. Okay, now you've made me cry! You know Kirstin, I am honored that I can inspire you, but you know what? I just did what I had to do to survive. To know that I can touch touch people like you, is just icing on the cake! It's something that truly touches me in a way I don't know if I'll ever be able to express.

    I, like you, had a big old wall up, and used it for a lot of different reasons. I finally realized that I deserved to live, and I needed to be the best wife and mother I could be. I had to take the bull by the horns, and take control! That's what I want for you! You have so much life in front of you, and the world is yours!

    I'm so excited to watch you jump out of that plane, and who knows, maybe by that time, I'll get up the nerve to do it myself!!! eek...did I just say that??? LOL

    Blessings to you my friend :)
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you for being you Leah!! and also you will have to jump out of the plane with me!!! haha sorry I would write more but I have to get some sleep before I leave tomorrow! Have a good night :))

    ReplyDelete